Are you wondering on how you can make yourself invisible on WhatsApp? i.e hide your online status when using WhatsApp? Below are the step by step solutions, on how to disable the online status both on the computer and on phone.
There are quite a few reasons that can make one, not want to be seen as ‘online’ on WhatsApp. Number one being the reason as to why you searched this tip, the other reasons might be one of the following:
- You don’t want those late night notifications when you’re resting.
- You don’t want to be disturbed while working(personal space).
- You want to avoid unnecessary drama from your girlfriend/boyfriend(e.g after late replies).
- You haven’t completed your client’s work, hence the need to be on incognito while using WhatsApp.
- You want to reply to WhatsApp messages when you feel convenient(some people take offense when they see someone was online or last seen after they had sent a message and assume that the person is ignoring them).
Having diagnosed some of the issues as to why we might need to hide our online status on WhatsApp, let’s now see some of the solutions we can use. Below are the solutions:
Solution 1. We are going to hide our Last seen and Read Receipts on android. (this one is for those of us who needs a solution on how to hide it on mobile). No one will be able to see your last seen or whether you’ve read there messages anymore.
Solution 2. This one is for those intending to use WhatsApp Web (those using WhatsApp on computer). No more ‘last seen 5mins ago’ or blue ticks when you read messages 👍.
Solution 1: How to Hide Your Last seen and Read Receipts on WhatsApp Android
To hide your WhatsApp last seen and read receipts status, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap on Settings.
- From the Settings menu, select Account.
- Next, tap on Privacy.
- Choose Last Seen from the list of options.
- In the pop-up window, choose Nobody.
Optional: Turn on Airplane mode
- When you turn on Airplane mode, you’ll be able to read messages while appearing offline i.e your last seen status won’t change from what was recorded before turning on airplane mode e.g if last seen was 5mins ago, when you login on WhatsApp while on Airplane mode, read messages and later logout after 5mins and turn off the airplane mode to normal, your last seen will still be visible as now last seen 10 mins ago. Cool, right?Anyway just try it out and see if it helps.
By following the above steps, you’ve now successfully hidden your last seen and read receipts status.
Solution 2: How to Hide Your Last seen and Read Receipts on WhatsApp Web
If you haven’t tried WhatsApp Web yet, you can access it using this link → https://web.whatsapp.com. To scan the QR code provided on WhatsApp web, on your phone go to WhatsApp -> menu section →WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp Web enables you to quickly send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer.
To hide your WhatsApp last seen and read receipts status on WhatsApp Web, follow the quick steps below:
- Go to chrome web store (assuming you’re on chrome) and search for an extension called WAIncognito and install it. Once installed, the extension will allow you to use WhatsApp Web without appearing connected.
2. Enable it to be used on Incognito mode also if you’re going to use WhatsApp web on private window as well. To allow it on incognito, go to the manage extensions, and toggle the ‘Allow in incognito’ button to enable it.
3. You can control the plugin’s settings as seen below.
That’s all for now, until next time, peace out👊.